Saturday, May 29, 2010

Waikato Museum-Walking through time










After finding the Museum I found myself walking through rooms of art allowing for interpretations around each corner and bend. Although I couldn’t fully analyse the artwork, I found that age was identified by two aspects. Not only did the art and displays portray art and age through the times, it also depicted age in the displays that were on offer to view. As I walked around I was captivated with the different areas the museum displayed, from art displays to Maori history to Hamilton history to interactive senses. I found this exhibit very interesting as I was able to feel more of a connection to place and self, particularly Hamilton. The museum gave me understanding of the history of the local area, while the interactive space allowed me to get in touch with all my senses. As the museum is a place for displaying artefacts and information to the public I was able to interact with other people at the museum in different ways, depending on the surrounding displays. Interacting with people allowed me to see their viewpoint, and also change my own in some instances as they saw, shared and felt something different to what I was experiencing. It was here that I realised that my experience was due to my interaction with place and space, but also through the social interaction I had with other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment