Saturday, May 29, 2010

Accommodation - choices to be made

My first objective since arriving in Hamilton was to make a decision to where I would be staying and the type of accommodation. This was an important decision to make as my accommodation is the base of the trip. During the taxi ride around the city I saw notice a street that was full of hotel and motels. This was one possible option as they all looked medium to high class standard while being in great proximity to the city activities. My other options where to stay in hostels or backpackers which too had good access and transport links to the city. As I travelled to Hamilton solo, I based my accommodation choice on the level of social interaction. Being a foreigner and tourist, help from locals on destination/activity choices could make this an amazing experience. As I settled into my room, I observed that it’s not only youth that stay in backpackers but those who are on limited budgets. This was true to me, as I got the comfort from the accommodation while being able to save for the activities. My choice of accommodation will add to my experience and through social interaction I am hoping to make friendships and connections. Therefore this experience can help develop my own identity while enriching those involved.
For further information go to this website: http://www.aatravel.co.nz/new-zealand/Hamilton_Accommodation.html

No comments:

Post a Comment