Monday, May 31, 2010

Night Life

After being dropped off outside of Hood Street, I noticed the array of policemen and the barriers closing of the roads. I was told that Saturday was the busiest night as all the students went out and the working class locals had no worries of work the next day. First I found this strange but gained an appreciation for the limitation of traffic when ‘connecting’ to each club. Still enjoying myself, I quickly noticing that all the bars/clubs were central to each other. It seemed like you step out of one club to only step into another. This was a completely different environment to what I was use to whether it was my present company or the culture I was among. It was bought to my attention that the attitude and behaviour of these people where driven by music, sex and alcohol- a combination the owners are willing to supply. With the demand for quality weekends and hangouts, Hamilton has designed and area dictated by the youth. The experience of an individual is dictated by the environment in which they exist due to the experiences of their friends and the others in the club. The youth of Hamilton developed a zone, specifically to accommodate the expanding drinking culture, and also dictate the survival of the clubs. This is an industry forever competing for the needs and wants of the youth, so if they are unsatisfied, preferences in bars change. This attraction is a key example of how age demonstrates the tourist experience and the impact on the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment