Monday, May 31, 2010

Last entry and goodbye

Due to time restrictions I was unable to visit a few destinations including the V8’s, Waitomo Caves and the Hot Air Balloons, but I gained an appreciation of Hamilton and New Zealand with the kindness, warmth and hospitality the locals showed me during my stay. While walking through the airport, I am to leave the people who have made this trip what it was and the reality hits me that I am leaving.
As I look over Hamilton for the last time it is with regret that this is my last blog entry that I will write about my visit in Hamilton, New Zealand. While I can say that I have fulfilled my research requirements, I have also extensively travelled the area of Hamilton, meet some great acquaintances and also experienced the true meaning of Hamilton. I left Hamilton leaving a part of me behind, yet building my own identity. I came to Hamilton to further my research in the field of identity and age, to demonstrate whether they impact in a tourism destination. As I have travelled to broad destinations from Raglan to the Waikato Museum, I have come to the conclusion that age does impact on an area. Age also has an impact on the choices and decisions that we make, whether it is accommodation, attractions or our attitudes and viewpoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment